U.S. Army Communications-Electronics Command History Office
The U.S. Army Communications-Electronics Command (CECOM) can trace its roots to the establishment of a Signal Corps training facility and radio research and development laboratory at Camp Little Silver/Camp Alfred Vail, New Jersey in 1917. The installation was granted permanent status and was renamed Fort Monmouth in August 1925. The Army established the Electronics Command (ECOM) at Fort Monmouth in 1962 as a subordinate element of the newly formed Army Materiel Command. This CECOM-predecessor was charged with managing Signal research, development, and logistics support. On 1 May 1981, AMC combined several organizations to form the new Communications-Electronics Command (CECOM). In 2005, BRAC ordered the closure of Fort Monmouth and the relocation of CECOM and the C5ISR Community to Aberdeen Proving Ground (APG), Maryland. CECOM officially uncased its colors at APG in October 2010.
Empower the Soldier through sustained C5ISR readiness. Anytime. Anywhere.
Enabling lethality is our business. Our bottom line is the Soldier. We do what is best for the Soldier in the fight.
CECOM Headquarters is
Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland 21005